PhDr. Tereza Ševčíková, psychotherapy
Why should you visit my office?
If you need help with interpersonal relationships and self-development. You can find out how to live a more meaningful life.
You could learn how to live a more productive life, which can lead to better relationships. What I love about my work is that everyone comes to me filled with hope, the hope that they will leave feeling better.
My consultation is not only for personal or couples experiencing life difficulties. Anyone over 18 years is welcome. I look forward to our cooperation.
Why go for therapy ?
People often hesitate to go to therapy, because they are not sure if their problem is serious enough to get help from a specialist. Don’t be afraid to get help.
You are the only one who knows how uncomfortable your situation is. You are the most important person in your life and you need to find solutions to your problems. You might not have the strength or the solution to solve your problem and I would like to help you to find your own solution, to broaden your possibilities and get another perspective.
Maybe you decided
- to put an end to your emotional and mental suffering,
- to live your life differently,
- to learn how to cope with stress, anxiety or depression,
- to find a safer place for you to talk.
Whatever the reason that lead you to me, let me congratulate you on making that first important step.
How to make an appointment ?
You can schedule your appointment via email, text message or you can call. If I do not answer immediately, I am probably in session at that moment. I will contact you as soon as possible.
Where to meet me ?
I will await you in the Be Balanced Centre which is based in Rybničná 18/1, Prague 6. Our receptionist will navigate you to my office.
How will we co-operate ?
In the beginning we will arrange the future of our cooperation.
I work seperately from health insurance companies.
I am open to the idea of online skype therapy in specific situations (if you live abroad etc.).
How do I work ?
I provide individual and couple therapy. I will help you explore ways to make changes in your life that will allow you to look forward to the future with bigger hope. I strive to provide you with a warm, non-judgmental environment, a safe place to explore the issues that may be preventing you from living the life you want.
How many sessions should you have ?
The sessions of individual therapy are 50 minutes long, in case of couple therapy 80 minutes long. It usually occurs once a week. However, the frequency of the sessions may be adjusted to suit your needs. In the first session you will have a chance to see if the therapy is right for you. We will explore the problems or issues you would like to address and what you would like to achieve. I will answer any questions you might have and explain what you can expect.
- Do you feel disappointed with yourself, drained of energy, or are you feeling lonely ?
- Have you recently experienced a life transition, and you now cannot seem to get back on a rewarding life path ?
- Do burdensome emotions or racing thoughts interrupt you throughout your day ?
- Do you wish you could live a calmer, more connected life and still be true to yourself ?
- Are you experiencing any of the following ?
- Stress and Anxiety
- Substance Use and Addiction
- Low Self-esteem
- Relationship Stress
- Fear of intimacy, fear of the future
- Problems with dating
- Family issues
- Relationships at Work
- Grief and Loss
- Work/Life Balance
- Attachment Issues
- Is your relationship in crisis due to a recent infidelity, betrayal or loss in your family?
- Perhaps you have felt a gradual distance growing between you and your partner over time.
- Do you wonder why your relationship doesn’t look like the healthy relationships you’ve witnessed between others?
- Communication issues
- Recurring conflict
- Growing emotional distance in a relationship
- Family Problems
- Multicultural relationships
- Building (or rebuilding) trust
- Premarital counselling
- Preparing for and having children
- Divorce and separation
- Establishing healthy boundaries
- Sexual compulsivity issues
- Work/life balance
- Extended family dynamics
- Domestic violence
- Dating Issues
- Relationships at Work
To book an appointment please call +420725810870 or send me an email.
I am a psychologist and licensed psychotherapist based in Prague 6. I have been in private practice since 2009, with a Doctor’s Degree in Psychology from Charles University in Prague and a certificate from Gaudia – ISZ and The Institute of Narrative Therapy. My approach to therapy is interactive. It’s a warm and collaborative exploration. Below you will find further details about my education and experience.
Beside being a psychotherapist, I also love travelling around the world, especially around USA where I lived for more than two years. Drinking coffee frequently during the day is an innocent habit of mine. I love running half-marathons with my husband, laughing with my children, playing volleyball with my friends and listening to Podcasts. My favourite moment of the day is when my two children allow me to sleep at least until 6 a.m. :-)
- Charles University in Prague – Psychology, PhDr.
- Charles University in Prague – Psychology and Special Education, Mgr.
- University of Glasgow, Scotland – Social Psychology
- City College of San Francisco, USA
- Gaudia-ISZ – Licensed psychotherapy training, 750 hours
- The Institute of Narrative Therapy
- LIRTAPS – Time axes
- CMC Graduate School of Business – Management of Human Resources
- Atairu – Odyssey Leadership Program
- Qed Group – self-development courses
- Vedic meditation
- 2009-now – Private Psychotherapist
- 2018-now – Psychotherapist at Be Balanced
- 2009-2018 – External Psychotherapist at Gaudia
- 2008-2018 – HR Consultant (Vodafone, Syngenta, Mobilkom)
- 2014-2015 – Omská College – Teacher of Modern Psychology
- 2004-2006 – Young Offender ́s Institution
- 2000-2001 – Psychotherapists and Psychosomatics Clinic ESET – HELP
- Salinger, Worthwhile Life foundation, Jahoda foundation
- Member of České asociace pro psychoterapii (ČAP)